The Gregório Semedo University is a privately funded university with little governmental interference in its operations. It’s situated in north-western Luanda, one of the largest cities in Angola.
This institution was founded in 2003 with the aim of becoming Angola’s best university and also enter the league of top universities in the world. The university imbibes sets of core values in its operations, with the most prominent being stated as quality education. Full-time undergraduate and postgraduate academic programs are offered. And there is no affiliation to religious groups.
ALSO READ: Technical University of Angola
It’s a relatively small university In terms of staff and student population. And it runs on a per semester academic calendar. Also, its enrolment process for both indigenous and international students is easy.
Some of the courses offered include:
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Arts, Management & Social Science, Business & Communication Management, Human Resource Management, Political Science, Science & Technology, Management Information Systems.
The Gregório Semedo University is ranked by Unirank in the 10th position in Angola and 6982th in the world.
- Commitment to science and technology, propagation of quality education, academic excellence, and research.
- Ease in the enrollment process of both national and international students.
- Provision of good academic environment ranging from the classrooms, campuses, laboratories, amongst others.
- Provision of courses and programs that are officially recognized such as master degrees, bachelor degrees in a variety of fields.
- Creation of a selective admission based on entrance examinations
- Availability of standard education for Angolan citizens.
- Forward movement of various aspects of society by integrating the necessary values in individuals.
- Care for students in terms of ambiance and accommodative learning environment.
- Imbibe students with acceptable behaviors of the society so they can fit in smoothly and effectively administer change in their respective industries.
- Provision of a curriculum favorable for international students willing to enroll in Gregório Semedo University.