The Independent University of Angola began operation on June 02, 2004. It was the only teaching institution of the propaedeutic year for 4 degrees (Communication Sciences, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Natural Resources and Environment Engineering).
This propaedeutic year was useful in shaping the knowledge of the students willing to opt for higher education, because most of them had spent many years on the battlefield or working to stay alive due to the economic instability, with no involvement in the educational system for a long time.
SEE ALSO: Catholic University of Angola
Growth has been constant in this university due to the willingness of young people to pursue their studies, and those who have spent a long time away from the four walls of a classroom.
The excellent relationship between the Dean of the university, DEA administration, and the instituting entity of UNIA are significant factors for the university’s success.
Below are the core objectives of the Independent University of Angola:
- The technological degrees are a hallmark of the Independent University of Angola. It’s structured in a way that promotes the intellectual development of teachers and students, and the exchange of knowledge in the national and international level.
- Students are instilled with the idea and motivation of developing their potentials, and also discovering new skills.
- The environment is designed to encourage challenges, entrepreneurial skills, and innovation.
- The building of a tight relationship between teachers and students.
- Dynamism in the creation of initiatives that involve students’ projects and active participation which will positively affect their academic life.
- Encouragement of the rectory, school administration, students, teachers, and other workers to attain their best in everything as a way of influencing others.
- Adherence to the indicator of the Independent University of Angola’s innovative and contemporary projects as a stimulus for development.
Architecture and Urbanism, Engineering and industrial management, Civil Engineering, Natural Resources and Environment Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Communication Sciences, Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering, Management and Marketing, Psychology, Educational Sciences Teacher Education, Sociology.