The Mandume Ya Ndemufayo University was established by Decree No. 7/09 of 12 May (article 16), 1963 after the institutionalization of University education in Angola – 1962.
It’s a legal institution under the law, with legal personality, and administrative, financial, pedagogical, and patrimonial autonomy. This university is under the supervision of the Angolan Government and it is checked and given directions through the Ministry of Higher Education.
READ ALSO: José Eduardo dos Santos University
The university is characterized by the integration of polytechnic and university education in a unified way, for training researches and senior staffs in the various branches of scientific knowledge.
This university is one of the 6th academic regions that cover the provinces of Namibe, Huíla.
The mission of the university is to produce and transfer knowledge to qualified individuals and professionals who are committed to the sustainable development of the country. Some of the areas of emphasis are:
- Technical, human, scientific, and cultural training
- Enhancement and preservation of cultural, artistry, scientific, and natural heritage.
- Conducting of applied and fundamental researches
- Exchange of technical, scientific, and cultural knowledge among similar institutions both at the national and international levels.
- Cooperating with the society and the country in general for the mutual appreciation of a working perspective capable of developing the country
- Contributing the scope of activity of Mandume Ya Ndemufayo University to international cooperation with other institutions as a way of building togetherness, especially among SADC countries and Portuguese-speaking countries
Mandume Ya Ndemufayo University Faculties
Faculty of law
Undergraduate Courses: Legal-political, Legal-Economic and Legal-civil.
Postgraduate Courses: Registration and Notary, Agribusiness, Legal and Business Sciences (these courses are still under review by the Ministry of Higher Education)
Faculty of economics
Undergraduate Courses: Business Management, Economics
Postgraduate courses: Master in Entrepreneurship and Development, Master of Accounting (these courses are still under review by the Ministry of Higher Education).
Faculty of medicine
Undergraduate Courses: Medicine
Da Huíla High School Institute
Undergraduate Courses: Computer Engineering, Civil Construction Engineering, Mining Engineering, Zootechnics, Geology Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agronomy and Design.
Namibe Polytechnical Superior School
Undergraduate Courses: Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Marine Biology, Accounting and management.
Namibe Superior Pedagogical School
Undergraduate Courses: Mathematics education, Physics education, Geography education, Biology education, Primary education and Chemistry education.